Tuesday, April 8, 2008

She's Just Like Us


I tell you, there's not a stand-up comic around that has anything on this lady, our beloved Yarn Harlot!!!
The entire day was wonderful & one I will remember as one of the top 20 special days in my life. Yes, it was that good & as Stephanie would say "a non-knitter just couldn't understand"!

Our day started at 6:30 a.m. with Wendy driving us safely from Birmingham to Atlanta. There were tons of cops out & you had to wonder if they were trying to catch all us knitters. I think they heard what happens to a knitter when they're going to a knit shop they've never been to before & that knit shop is hosting Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.................

Stephanie autographing her new book, "Things I Learned from Knitting whether I wanted to or not".
She's so sweet & took time with each person she signed for. No rush job here!!!


Wendy & I waiting for Knitch to open
Don't you know the anticipation was killing us, but we talked with some fellow knitters from Chattanooga that helped pass the time.

We met Abby & Mr Orange from Chattanooga (if I remember correctly), who I learned through the Harlot's blog designed the Knitters Without Border button.





The shop was really nice & the staff did an excellent job of organizing the entire event. What I found on my person when I got back home was: 8+ ozs of Ashford Corriedale roving in Sky Blue, a short sleeve sweater pattern along with the yarn (8 skeins of Rowan Summer Tweed in an almost navy color) & wooden buttons to complete it.

While waiting in line to get into the theater, a Knitch lady was handing out little packages of S.O.A.K.......yeah!!!

We ran into Grace & her Atlanta friend, Evilsciencechick.

Left to right: Wendy, Grace & Evilsciencechick






I finished my "Rustic Kate" Tam while waiting in line to see The Yarn Harlot.



Grace was gracious eought to model it for me & I'm real pleased with the way it turned out. It is my first real knit with yarn that I spun with my very own hands.






Grace at the Knit-In as if to say in a Bette Davis type voice..... "Yes darling, I'm waiting to hear the Yarn Harlot speak to me & only me".



Raffle ticket win:
The lucky tickets & 3 skeins of Suss Alpaca worsted weight in Pomegranate





Do you envious knitters recognize who has his arm around me?
It's the Warlock, yes the Warlock & he told me had his "Willie Warmer" on. I got all warm & flushed inside & outside it appears too!!! He didn't offer to show it to me. His cute wife, the Knit Witch was there beside him.

It was a perfect day all the way around....................



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day!!!

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

What an AWESOME day!!!! I am of course MOST impressed with MR. Knitwitch having his arm around you.......hmmm....sure you didn't catch a glimpse of the WW??? LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

It was so great running into the two of you there! Also, can I just say I dance an impressive peepee dance? HA! And also, you are much kinder about the 3rd picture. I think I look a little drunk. Or something. :-P

How awesome is Knitch! We've got to get our LYS to carry more roving!

Anonymous said...

Great Post MOM!!! I wish I had gone with you---that hat still needs to come off of "little MS. GRACE'S HEAD, said in a jealous tone"!!! Only kidding Grace incase you read this. But I will say this mom--"It's mine all mine, AH ha ha ha ha ha!"

Shirley

evilsciencechick said...

I look drunk or scared in all those pictures.

it was nice to meet you!!! :)

Holly said...

Looks like you guys had a good time.

ginger said...

Love the pics!! So glad you had a great time! smooch!!

Knit Witch said...

Hey!! That's MY husband ya'll are talking about!! Haha!! He loves being popular and famous with all you gals! We had a great time and it was so much fun for him to be followed by the papparatzi!! :)

Warlock said...

Hahaha! Yep...that was fun! I am glad we met!!