Saturday, September 6, 2008

No Knitting News

I never really thought one way or another about mushrooms, except that I don't like to eat them raw. They smell like dirt & the texture is funky. I tolerate cooked ones....

I read that mushrooms are the "fruit of fungus". Now, that's something to ponder........."the fruit of fungus". Does that mean that mushrooms are fruit? Who knew that fungus had fruit???

There are hundreds of different species of mushrooms & I think we have 1/2 of them in our yard.

I guess we can attribute the abundance of them to the wetter than usual summer we've had.

Now, I will take you on a study of mushrooms, they are really pretty interesting.

Actually, I'm finally learning how to take pictures with my camera.










































































































































































6 comments:

The Yarn Nut said...

If you want me to bring my golf clubs over and practice a little swinging, I'll be glad to get rid of those mushrooms for you.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! And if Cindy comes over for golf practice on your mushroom, I want to be there to witness it!

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Yep....there is definitely a fungus among us looks like!!!

Anonymous said...

I do believe that you have a field of nushrooms!

Anonymous said...

MOM--that's disgusting-LOL Your foot looks cute though---all nice and pedicured

Anonymous said...

HI, it is almost October, the Goldenrod are in bloom, Inland Lake has finally filled up. I am still alive and have just won a bunch of ribbons at the local county fair .......yes, I'm still at it at the Eureka Shop in Oneonta, AL...Open Wed-Sat. Fred I.