Tuesday, September 30, 2008

At Last..........

The friendly skies from the only airline left that doesn't charge you for extra baggage, juice or pretzels, Southwest.


Paul & I got off the plane & we're waiting on the curb for Daniel to pick us up & one of the first cars we see has an Alabama football flag hanging out the window. Paul felt like he had gone home!!!















Me & Daniel

After a year & a half, Paul & I finally were able to make it to Baltimore to see Daniel & Leah.

After graduating from Alabama (Tuscaloosa), Dan & Leah moved to the DC area where Dan took a job with ATA. We were suppose to go see them last year, but had to postpone our trip when Paul's father fell & broke his hip.


The weather couldn't have been any better in D.C.
We rode the Metro (which is a whole experience in itself) into D.C. & when you walk out of the station, this is what you see to your left.









This is the view to the right!





My favorite, the Washington National Cathedral.
There was a service in progress while we toured the Cathedral & they ask you not to take pictures while the service is being conducted...........




I couldn't help myself...........all this different colored light was being reflected onto the floor through the stained glass windows.
I think Paul thought the church police were gonna come arrest me & throw me in the gallows. This isn't actually in the sactuary either.




View from my prison cell! LOL








The "Grillmaster" on gameday!!!
Alabama Arkansas game










The "man socks" went along & are finally finished!!!










Saturday morning Leah took me into downtown Baltimore to see her office. She works for a large bank & we were able to go up on the 12th floor where we had a great view of the city.
She then took me to her favorite farmer's market, which is in walking distance from her office. Leah pointed to a yarn store that was kitty corner to the farmer's market. My heart started beating extremely fast & my palms got sweaty, but I restrained myself & didn't look back. We were on a time frame & had to get back for kickoff!!!
This is the backside of the market, which is nothing but the most beautiful flowers.
On the front side of the market, vendors are selling their wares. I LOVED this place!!!




On Sunday, we rode the Metro again into D.C. to see the National's last home game of the season.
We met "Mrs. Hoots" with the Earth Conservation Corps. She was there to help get baseball fans interested in environmental awareness.
Are her eyes not stunning!!!
















Inside Nationals Park............just a wee tad bigger than Region's Park in Hoover!











During the game, they had the President's Race on Segways.
Too funny..................
Thanks Daniel & Leah for a wonderful time!!!













6 comments:

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

I bet Daniel was tickled to have ya'll up for a visit!!

Great pics!!

Holly said...

I am so glad you had a good trip! I would love to tour D.C.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had an absolutely fabulous time! Did you make it back to the yarn shop?

Bubblesknits said...

Looks like you had an amazing trip! :-)

ginger said...

Ooooh how wonderful! I am so happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures!! I'm sure you had a FABULOUS time!